As leaders in the transport and logistics industries, we’ve invested in a Sustainability team that is responsible for developing strategies to deliver on our purpose statement – ‘To keep Australian industry moving towards a safer and more sustainable future’.
This involves working with both customers and partners to create safer people and stronger businesses across the transport, logistics, and insurance industries.
NTI’s latest NTARC Major Accident Investigation Report has shown that driver fatigue and distraction remain key contributors to incidents involving heavy vehicles.
Therefore, NTI is proud that one of our Sustainability benefits is NTI’s partnership with Seeing Machines.
Who are Seeing Machines?
Seeing Machines is a market leader in driver monitoring systems backed by proprietary AI and computer vision technology founded to enhance truck safety and save lives.
They work with commercial fleets around the world to keep drivers safer using their Guardian technology. This technology, an intelligent, unobtrusive driver safety system, is available to clients under the NTI and Seeing Machines partnership.
Guardian is used by leading transport and logistics companies worldwide and is proven to reduce fatigue events by more than 90%.
Benefits of Guardian include:
- Real time driver detection of fatigue and distraction related driver events
- Real time alerts to mitigate risk of driver fatigue and distraction (audible and haptic)
- Added safety through 24/7 monitoring service to allow implementation of fatigue plans and driver coaching (managed by the fleet operator)
- Fleet manager visibility of driver behaviour and efficiency through easy to use self-service portal ‘Guardian Live’
What does this mean for customers?
This partnership recognizes the investment customers have made to reduce risk in their business and works with them to maximize their return on investment, and benefits aim to incentivize operators to continue prioritizing safety.
Benefits of the NTI and Seeing Machines partnership include:
Insurance policy benefits
- The removal of all driver experience requirements for vehicles with Seeing Machines installed, this offer applies to NTI Fleet policy holders only
- Excess reduction for any accidents on the vehicle if fitted with Seeing Machines by $2,500 (some exceptions apply)
- Market value plus.
In the event of a total loss of a unit installed with Seeing Machines, settlement can be market value plus 20% (to a maximum of the sum insured)
- Reinstatement of the Seeing Machines hardware caused by damage in the event of a loss
- Premium adjustments to proactively reflect potential reductions in fatigue claims via investment in this leading technology
- Guardian 24/7 service fee waived for the first month for every vehicle installed in the future
- Data feed fee waived for individual data feed from Seeing Machines to NTI
- Unique data insights
- Unique data driven insights using Guardian and NTARC data to identify and address potential safety risks